Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Thank you Roy! Thank you Roy!"


HALLADAY SHUTS OUT MARINERS IN POSSIBLE LAST START

A little note to show my gratitude for all the wonderful games pitched in a Jays uniform over the years. He is probably the only reason why I still kept an interest in the Jays throughout their many losing seasons. I hope it is not the end of his days in Toronto.


TORONTO -- The chant came from a group of fans above the dugout.

"Thank you Roy! Thank you Roy!" they shouted as Roy Halladay walked off the Rogers Centre field, perhaps for the final time as a member of the Toronto Blue Jays.

Then, in a rare display of emotion from the ace right-hander, he tipped his cap, offering a little love back to the fans who adore him so. They'd all been through this "possible last home start" exercise before, but this time, it felt different.

"Regardless of what happens this winter, it means a lot to me," said Halladay, who delivered another gem in a 5-0 win over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night. "To have that many people that supportive and chanting, I think it would mean a lot to anybody.

"Especially walking off, I can't remember many times walking out for the ninth where people were cheering and standing up before the inning starts. Maybe I was more aware of it, I don't know, but you definitely feel the excitement and show your appreciation."

No comments: