Wednesday, September 24, 2008

John, Brandon and Claire in Rome

Hey Friends,

I had a wonderful visit with Brandon and Claire a couple of weeks ago
following the Rimini Meeting.

I spent the day with Brandon and Claire -friends from STFX and CL. We began by meeting early Monday morning (August 26) near the Termini metro station and visited a couple of the surrounding churches, St. John Lateran, Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Redemptorist Church) and St. Prassade, and later visited Catacombs, and Spanish Steps, Villa Borghese -where there are beautiful panoramic views of the city, Santa Maria del Popolo -where two of Carravagio paintings are located (Crucifixion of St. Peter, and St. Paul Falling off the horse), the Fontana Trevi, and Mass at the Gesu where relics of St. Francis Xavier, and the body of St. Ignatius of Loyola.

We had supper with friends who we met at the Rimini meeting. They have a house and appartment across the street from Santa Maria Maggiore. Brandon and Claire stayed at their apartment. Brandon also ran into a couple of friends from Dubai, and they joined us for dinner. I have been invited back to dinner, and hope to take them up on the offer. The parents are both medical doctors, and they have two children.

1. Brandon and I in front of San Giovanni Laterano
2. Brandon and Claire at the Fontana Trevi
3. Brandon and I at the Fontana Trevi
4. Brandon and I above the Catacombs
5. Original icon of Our Lady of Perputual Help at the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help





.

No comments: